The Ethos of the Rebel Alliance
That spirit which inspires soldiers to fight. It derives from, and depends upon, the high degree of commitment, self-sacrifice and mutual trust which together are so essential to the maintenance of morale.
The Values of the Rebel Alliance Military
- Selfless commitment
- To put others before yourself
- To do what is right no matter the circumstance
- To maintain the highest standards, so that others can rely on you
- To earn the respect and trust of your comrades
- To be faithful to your comrades and your duty
- Respect for others
- To treat others with decency at all times
Officers are bound by service. The nature of service is inherently unequal; officers may have to give more than they receive. Ultimately, they may be called upon to make personal sacrifices, including death, in the service of the Republic.
In putting the needs of the Rebellion, the Armed Forces, and others before their own, they forgo some of the rights enjoyed by those outside the Armed Forces. So, at the very least, Republic officers should always expect the Republic and their commanders to treat them fairly, to value and respect them as individuals, and to sustain and reward them and their families.
This mutual obligation forms the Military Covenant and is binding in every circumstance.